Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting Ready for the Trip

I just gulped down my second Typhoid prevention pill, so it looks like I am really going to Vietnam! Hi, my name is Peg Thomas. I am the new Executive Director of Bridges to Learning (bridges2learning.org). Over the next few weeks I will be taking you on my journey over to Vietnam to see the children at Anh Linh School. Anh Linh was founded in 1990 and moved into a school building in 1998. In 2004 Bridges to Learning began to create a caring community to support Anh Linh School. Since 2004 the school has grown to where 283 children come every day to learn. They also get medical support, eye screenings, breakfast, lunch and play-time.

Jerilyn Fosdick Hirsch, the founder of Bridges to Learning, will be taking me to visit with Sr. Cam Thuy the principal of the school. Prior to that, there is much to do. We will be flying 14 hours to Tokoyo, changing planes within one hour to go to Hanoi. We will stay in Hanoi for several days and then fly to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). From there we fly to Singapore to negotiate a partnership with the Singapore American School, and will then fly back to HCM (Saigon) to then head home to Minnesota.

So, follow along with me as together we view Vietnam through my musings, as a novice international traveller, and through Jerilyn who has logged millions of miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment